Global Experience Ontario (GEO)
Global Experience Ontario (GEO), also known as the “Access Centre for Internationally Trained Individuals,” is an information and referral service that helps internationally trained individuals learn how to become licensed or certified to work in a regulated profession or a skilled trade.
This does not include professions in the health field such as nurses, doctors or dentists.
GEO offers webinars and workshops on topics including:
- The licensing or certification process for regulated professions
- Getting credentials assessed
- Employment and training programs
- English and French language training
- Joining professional networks
- Mentorship, internship, bridge training and financial assistance programs
Internationally trained individuals can sign up for scheduled webinars directly via Ontario.ca.
The ministry also schedules workshops aimed at service providers on a regular basis. These workshops provide an introduction to the licensing process in Ontario’s regulated professions for internationally trained individuals. Upcoming workshops are announced to service providers as soon as they are scheduled.
GEO was created under the Fair Access to Regulated Professions and Compulsory Trades Act (FARPACTA), a provincial legislation that was passed in 2006 to help address barriers faced by internationally trained individuals in Ontario.
- ADM Memo: Reminder about External Communications Activities (posted on September 8, 2022) (PDF, 169 KB)
- ADM Memo: Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development Name Update (posted on September 9, 2022) (PDF, 125 KB)
- Memo: Employment Ontario Supports for People Affected by the Conflict in Ukraine (posted on April 11, 2022) (PDF, 120 KB)
- Memo: Access to Employment Ontario Programs for Individuals with 900-Series Social Insurance Numbers, including Ukrainian and other visitors under Emergency Travel measures (posted on April 11, 2022) (PDF, 120 KB)
- Memo: New Transfer Payment Requirement -Tax Compliance Verification and Attestation of Compliance with Labour and Environment Laws (posted on February 10, 2022) (PDF, 169 KB)
- Memo: Access to Employment Ontario Programs for Individuals with 900-Series Social Insurance Numbers (posted on June 18, 2021) (PDF, 110 KB)
- ADM memo to EO network: Ontario Bridge Training Program and Global Experience Ontario (posted on April 2, 2019) (PDF, 131 KB)
- Memo to Bridge Training, Immigration and Settlement Stakeholders (posted on November 23, 2018) (PDF, 243 KB)